Wednesday, March 25, 2009

And today is Week 6...

I've decided to dedicate this blog to my pregnancy...yes, that's right. I said pregnancy.

After having Orion, we decided to use Mirena (an IUD) for birth control. It worked like a charm! This last October, we decided we'd like to start trying for number 2. Fast forward now to March, and Orion is going to be a big brother!! I took the test on Friday, March 13th that came back with the blissfully beautiful word "pregnant".

Since I'm diabetic there are, of course, some special challenges that go along with pregnancy. Unfortunately, right now I want to eat anything in sight, but my blood sugars are out of whack as it is and I feel like I'm chasing my highs with insulin when they happen instead of keeping a steady pace. The doctor did say today that my blood work all came back normal, so that's awesome.

My boobs are killing me (really, can I just chop them off?) and I feel exhausted all the freakin' time. Chasing after an almost 2 year old in the process isn't helping matters much either.

Despite all of the downs, I really couldn't be happier. Our first ultrasound is a week from today (April 1st), and I can't wait to see that little teeny tiny heartbeat on the monitor. I'm glad that Orion will have a sibling and I'm glad that it didn't take us nine years to give him one. God has blessed us immensely and I couldn't be more grateful and ecstatic.

I have also decided that I need to start getting some "pregnancy friendly" exercise. Thank goodness for NetFlix. I signed up to receive a bunch of pregnancy fitness DVD's. Here's the thing...I don't do Yoga on a regular day. I suppose there's no time like the present to start! :)

Here is what the little 'possum looks like this week:

No comments: