Friday, March 27, 2009

Crazy Pregnancy Hormones

I was pretty even keeled emotionally when I was pregnant with Orion. There weren't really any crazy outbursts or psychotic ramblings. Apparently, with THIS baby, my hormones and emotions have been tossed into the pregnancy blender only to later spew whatever mixture it seems to come up with.

In the most recent case, the pregnancy blender chose to spew molten crazy angry psycho chick all over the place. What started out as a simple phone call to Tom complaining about our insurance (we had WAY better insurance last pregnancy) turned into me wanting to kick him out and move to Guam. Or Canada. Or heck, even Germany. Anywhere that wasn't anywhere near him. Granted, I know that guys say stupid things ("What do you expect from this phone call?") and it usually doesn't bother me because they're guys and that's just the way they are. This time, however, that was not to be. I hung up on him. I cried. I threw things. I laid down in bed trying to calm down and would just get worked up more and more ("How in the world can I raise children with this man? He's such a fucking asshole!!!").

Of course, it passed eventually and everything was fine. I explained to Tom the finer points of womanly venting and how, for the most part, it's not that we want you to fix anything, we just want to bitch. Hopefully, in the future, he'll be a little bit more understanding...and the pregnancy blender won't get stuck on full crazy.

No comments: