Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's a busy couple of weeks!

Well, we've hit the 24 month mark this week. Yay! I had a growth scan and doctor's appointment on Monday. Our little girl is measuring PERFECTLY and is super freakin' active. They had to wait for her to fall asleep to get a couple of the measurements. I'm going to have my work cut out for me.

I asked the doc about the extreme tiredness and all he said was that it was probably a combination of the heat and where I am in the pregnancy. OK, that's fine, but what if it's not? He hasn't even drawn any blood since I've been pregnant, and on top of wanting to know that everything is fine, I'd really like to know what my A1C is. I asked him if we could do that test, at the very least, because I was curious. He just said that it was probably about 5.2-5.4% based on the growth scan, amniotic fluid measurements, and my blood sugar numbers. Granted, he's an old guy and probably knows what he's talking about, but I'm not the type of person to just take someone's word for it just because they're a doctor. It kind of freaks me out a little. My next appointment is in three weeks, and then we'll have another ultrasound three weeks after that. It'll put me at 30 weeks, so two weeks after that I'll start my NST's and BPP's twice a week.

Monday afternoon I had lunch with some friends from out of town (Phil from California and Tracy from Florida) and then Tom and I had dinner with them that evening. Amanda watched Orion and I got to ride the motorcycle with Tom (though I realize I probably shouldn't)...it was a lot of fun. We went to Red Lobster because Phil had been raving about it and Tracy wanted to try it. Plus, we were close by since we all met at Phil's hotel in Tigard.

Tonight I have a battalion meeting (yay) and hopefully it won't run too late. I may have to stay after and type up some letters since my laptop is toast and I don't have any word processing programs on the computer here. There's only a few things on the agenda and no one has said anything about any training tonight. If we can get the head honcho to keep from yapping for an hour about whatever, we should be good to go.

Friday night I'm going to a bachelorette party, which should be fun. It's apparently a "man hunt"...so whatever that means. Monday night I have a focus group on grocery shopping (hey they're paying me $80) from 6 to 7 and then Tom and I will meet Jeanette and her husband at Old Chicago for drinks and dinner. I'm not sure if we'll take Orion or not yet since more than likely he'll be majorly melting down about that time, but he has been content staying up later these days. Thursday night we have a wedding out at Edgefield for a fellow reserve and his significant other (which is the girl that's having the bachelorette party this Friday) and I've offered to do the pictures for their reception. I'm getting quite the portfolio going!! I'm not sure when we'll take a breather from everything, but it seems to happen this way. We'll either be really busy or not busy at all.

Tom still needs to get the roof finished, but he's been working on it. Poor guy has to do it all by himself at this point, but at least when they delivered the shingles they put them on the roof so he won't have to pack them up himself. There are a couple of boards that he's having to replace before he lays the tar paper down and he started that last night. I'm sure he'll work on it again this evening after we watch Rescue Me (I love "On Demand") and have dinner.



No comments: