Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Almost out of the first trimester!

Well, today is officially 12 weeks...which means the Tuesday after next I will be safely out of the first trimester. This makes me very happy! Apparently, at this point, gender is evident, so hopefully we'll find out at the ultrasound next week what we're having. I keep saying that I think it's a girl, but I really have no idea. I think I'm only saying it's a girl because I'd like it to be a girl. If it's a boy, though, we of course won't complain. My first boy is super easy, so what could go wrong with another one? hehehehe I think I just jinxed myself. I don't think Tom has asked for the time off, and hopefully Tim can watch Orion while I'm at my appointment. If not, Amy said she could.

Things have been going pretty well on this end. My brother moved back from Reno so that's cool. He's been spending a lot of time with his wife and coming by to help us out. I've been doing a pretty dang good job of keeping the house clean, if I do say so myself. Do you know how hard it is to mop your kitchen floor and actually keep it clean while it's wet when all Orion wants to do is walk all over it in his dirty shoes!? And I swear I have to vacuum every day because there's constantly squished crackers or parts of his dinner in the carpet. *sigh* And Tom's happy because he has someone to bitch to about whatever. Yesterday it was because I asked him to run to the store to get sour cream. I swear you'd think I asked him to cure cancer every time I asked him to do anything. It's kind of ridiculous.

Orion will be 2 on Thursday. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It's really amazing. We're having his birthday party at a park by our house, so that should be fun...and hopefully the weather will be nice (it's supposed to be). All of the usual people will be there, so it'll be a good time, and a bunch of people that we haven't seen in a while said they'd be there too (Ashley, Pam, etc). Pam just had her baby on the 6th, so we'll see if she actually makes it. I'm not sure I'd be up for a birthday party outdoors that soon...hehehe

No comments: