Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The ultrasound tech sucked.

So, Orion's birthday party went off without a hitch. We had a really good time and got to see some friends that we haven't seen in forever. Orion, of course, made out like a little bandit and can't even fathom playing with everything right this moment. The best present, however, was the "big boy bed" from Nana and Papa. It's a "Cars" bed, and they even got him a "Cars" bed set. He transitioned just fine from his crib and it was actually way easier than I thought it would be.

I had my triple-screen ultrasound today. Unfortunately, the tech couldn't see what she needed to see so I get to go back on Tuesday for another ultrasound. If they can see what they need to I'll also have to get the blood drawn that day as well. The technician really wasn't very good. She didn't do anything to get the baby in the right position other than push REALLY hard on me. It was so uncomfortable and hurt a lot. In fact, I'm *still* sore. Stupid lady. Although, I did get a cute little picture of its foot and its alien face. She wasn't able to see the sex of the baby (not that she even tried to look), so maybe we'll have a different tech on Tuesday and get to see then. If they can't see, that's fine too. I have the anatomy scan appointment on June 16th and they'll probably be more than able to tell then. It's on Tom's birthday, so that's fun. Hopefully Tom can get the time off work...and if not, that would suck. He really wants to go, so hopefully he can squeeze it in. Plus, it's on a Tuesday so it should be easier to get the time off (Wednesdays are always tough since there's no on there that day that can take over his duties...heh heh heh...I said doodie).

Everything else on this end seems to be going well. I'm super excited for tomorrow...I'm going to go get my hair done. They'll cut, color, highlight, lowlight...whatever it takes to make me look human again. OK, I look human now, but feel like a super frumpy mom type person. I might even bite the bullet and get waxed too...though I'm super freaked out to do that. It's gonna hurt because it's not the "normal" places that get waxed (ie, legs, eyebrows, etc.). We'll see if I have the guts to go through with it. LOL



No comments: