Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Holy freakin' man, Bat Cow!

So, apparently, God decided we needed heat and humidity here in the Pacific Northwest. For the last couple of days, it's been over 100 degrees (try 109 and 110) with at least 40% humidity. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die of heat stroke...or dehydration...or both. We have the AC on in the kitchen and about five million fans (OK, only 3) pushing the air through the rest of the upstairs. Even the basement isn't the cool oasis that it usually is. Granted, it's not bad, but it's not great either. I have absolutely refused to cook anything for the past couple of days (and I'm sure today will be no exception since it's supposed to be just as hot). It's not too bad...Monday we had Taco Bell and last night we had Hot Pockets. Gourmet cuisine, dontcha know? The other things I have also refused to do are as follows : cuddle, wear clothes, take a hot shower (they've all been ice cold), and play outside unless the garden hose is involved. Orion doesn't seem to be doing too badly (he's like his father and always cold anyway), so that's at least something.

Tom got a new motorcycle this weekend...well, new to him. His brother Chris has a bike that he never uses and wanted to get rid of, so Tom offered to take it off his hands...like any good brother would do. heh He got it running right again and has been riding it to work. Last night he went for a long ride down by the river where it's cool and said it was a lot of fun. I'd love to go with him sometimes, but of course, I'm not supposed to ride the motorcycle while I'm pregnant...LOL

Alicia and Tim moved out this last week/weekend and in with her parents. Why they didn't just do that to begin with is beyond me, and I'm sure I've pissed her off in some way because she's semi-blocked me from her Facebook. I'm sorry that she doesn't like kids and that 2 year olds get into everything, but that's the way they are. And I'm NOT sorry for voicing my opinion that she treats my brother like crap. If being concerned for my family members is something to be pissy about, then be pissy I guess. Eventually she'll have to learn that the world doesn't revolve around her.

I hit 23 weeks in the pregnancy yesterday! I'm really excited...and next week I have another ultrasound (which I'll have to ask Tim if he's still able to watch Orion for). I love seeing our little girl on the monitor!! And, I know we said we settled on a name (Piper), but I'm not thinking that's going to work for us. Neither of us are super in love with it and it was the default because Abigail was on the Top 10 list last year. We'll see what we end up with, but I have a feeling we'll just say "screw the lists" and go with what we love.



No comments: