Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We finally decided on a name...

Amazing, isn't it? After weeks and weeks and weeks of trying to agree on a name, we've finally come to a decent conclusion! We wanted a name that was cute, not too common, but not so "out there" that no one could pronounce it or spell it. So....we chose the name "Piper". She'll have the same middle name as Mommy so it'll be super cute.

The next step, is figuring out how we're going to decorate the room. I personally like all manner of animals (particularly giraffes for some reason) and there's also a really cute crib set that's the ABC's/123's and animals. The colors are vibrant and pretty but not girly by any stretch of the imagination, and I think we'll end up going with that one. I guess we'll see when we actually get a chance to start decorating the room. This is, of course, impossible to do at this point since Tim and Alicia are living in that room. ;)

It's weird to be on the downhill swing of the pregnancy now! Less time to go than I've already got under the belt. I think it's a pretty good feeling too, though. Scary, but good.

We've stopped letting Orion use a binky for bed time. That's going OK I guess. He doesn't settle down right away like he did when he was using the binky which means he's up WAY later than he needs to be (either for his nap or his bed time), but he doesn't sleep in any longer so I feel like he's not getting enough sleep. While he can be cranky at times, I figure that if his body needs more sleep it'll eventually make him get it. It's not like I can force him to fall asleep and stay that way.



No comments: