Monday, July 6, 2009

I've been slacking.

So, last week I was a total slacker and didn't post anything!!! I guess I'll have to catch up. ;)

The weekend before this weekend Tom, Orion, and I went to the beach for the day. Actually, we went down Friday night and stayed...then played on Saturday all day. We even went to the cheese factory! It was a lot of fun just to get away and be a family for a while. It'll be even better when just Tom and I can get away, though I won't complain if we don't get to. My mom and dad have offered to take Orion for a weekend whenever we're ready, so that's awesome.

This weekend was the 4th of July. It was actually A LOT of fun. Tom had Friday off so we hung out and went to the river since it was so freakin' hot out!! Saturday was the holiday and we had a lot of fun that day too. We hung out around the house in the morning, and then around 3-ish we went to Jason and Danielle's for a bbq and swimming. It was really hot out then too, so the swimming was awesome. Orion had fun playing with Rylee and Tom and I had fun just kicking back with friends. I made strawberry shortcake (which was tasty of course) for dessert. Saturday night we went to the house of one of Tom's co-workers. He lives on the river and they were going to be lighting off fireworks. Apparently, the term "illegal" doesn't mean anything to them (or their neighbors) and despite the fact that we didn't got to a "big" fireworks show, we still got to see the huge fireworks...with the loud booms. Orion actually fell asleep during it and stayed asleep until we got him home. Of course, it WAS about midnight when we left, so he was super exhausted.

I was able to upgrade my cell phone last week as well...YAY!!!! I got a BlackBerry...and love it. Of course, when people call it a "crackberry" they aren't kidding. I'm freakin' addicted to downloading ringtones for it! Plus, I don't have to get on the computer to read my email which is nice when we're out and about. I *did* leave it at home and "unplug" when Tom and I went to a movie on Friday night, so I guess I'm not THAT addicted.

Tomorrow we'll have another ultrasound and hopefully (this time) find out for sure if we're having a boy or a girl. Tom can't get the time off work to come so I'm not letting anyone else go with me either. I'm going to be the only one that knows and I'm not sure I won't torture Tom with that knowledge. heh I'm evil sometimes. Apparently the little one is about 6 1/2 inches long and weighs about 10 1/2 ounces...getting big!!! It's 20 weeks (tomorrow) so I'm halfway through!!!



No comments: