Tuesday, September 8, 2009

29 weeks already?

Wow...

I'm going to the doc's every two weeks now, and in about five weeks I'll start going twice a week. I switched doctors to one that I like much better and that is a bit closer. My friend who is a trauma surgeon at Emanuel suggested I transfer to their Maternal-Fetal Medicine Unit which is at Emanuel (so down by Lloyd Center) instead of driving all the way out to Beaverton to go to St. Vincent's. I get to see Dr. Buckmaster again! Yay! I saw him a couple of times at St. V's, but then he got the job at Emanuel. I couldn't go to see him because of our insurance, but that changed in July. Turns out, one of the two doctor's my friend suggested was this one! It worked out beautifully.

We've decided not to try to be induced this time around. Since they tried to induce three different times with Orion, I just don't feel much confidence in the procedure. heh While it would be nice to have a natural birth, I just feel that it will make me and Tom much saner not to have to go through all of that again just to end up with another c-section. The plan right now is that we'll do a repeat c-section on November 16th UNLESS I go into labor on my own. If I go into labor on my own, then we're all set for a natural birth (assuming everything progresses as it should).

Tom, Orion, and I went camping this weekend since it was Labor Day weekend. My mom and dad (and the girls) reserved a camping space at a place called Odell Lake in Central Oregon. It was an absolutely beautiful place. The lake is huge and there are tons of trees...even huckleberry bushes! We picked huckleberries and had them in our pancakes one morning...tasty! Orion had SUCH a good time that we definitely want to go back but it's quite the trek to get there (4 hours!!) so it probably won't be any time soon. The weather was OK but not gorgeous. It would sprinkle a bit and was cloudy the first two days we were there which wouldn't have been so bad if not for the wind and freakin' freezing at night. Yesterday, however, was absolutely gorgeous (albeit still windy) and I even got a little bit of a sunburn on my cheeks! We'll have to be better prepared, of course, the next time we go because we didn't have anything we needed with us.

We've been pretty busy around here doing not much of anything...lol Of course, last week we spent time trying to get everything gathered up for the camping trip and Wednesday night I had a battalion meeting. Other than that, we haven't done a *whole* lot...but despite that we still haven't painted the baby's room. Part of it is that we just need to get some stuff moved around downstairs so that we can get the spare bed down there and have the room to paint, but neither Tom nor I have the motivation most days. Horrible, I know...we're such procrastinators!!! Plus, we need to get new paint rollers and a new paint tray (which we'll probably do this weekend) so we're using that as our excuse as well. ;) I'm going to try to make some shelves for the room (and probably for Orion's room as well) so that we have space. I was going to make the changing table, but I don't think we'll need to. My brother left his dresser here (he didn't have the room to take it with him when they left and now it's a matter of someone helping him get it...it's big and heavy) and I made a joke last week when he was here about commandeering it for the changing table/dresser if he didn't pick it up. He just shrugged and said "I'm not really emotionally attached to it" so we may just end up using that.

So, the plans, as they stand right now for the weekend, are to move the bed downstairs and paint the baby's room. Sunday afternoon I have a meeting to meet with our new recruits for the reserves, but it shouldn't take long, so we should have *plenty* of time to get everything done that we want to.



baby

No comments: