Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crazy?? Perhaps, Rabbit. Perhaps.

Yesterday marked 32 weeks! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow (just a check up I'm assuming since they didn't schedule an ultrasound), and then next week will start going twice a week for the NST's and growth scans. I can't believe it's that time already! Amanda is planning a baby shower for me on Saturday, so that should be fun! I'm looking forward to it. I've also been looking a lot on craigslist for baby clothes and some other things that we still need but haven't really found anything TOO promising. Hopefully we'll get some of it knocked out and set up before she gets here!! Apparently she weighs 4 pounds this week, and I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm either having David Beckham's love child or a future member of the Rockettes...

So, with Tom laid off, I figured now would be as good a time as any to go back to school. Of course, I won't be starting fall term because then I'd be gone right in the middle to have Abby, but I'll be starting winter term. It's completely insane, I know, but I'm eligible for some awesome grants (instead of adding more student loan debt). I have a lot of classes that I need to take out of the way, but will probably start taking the rest of the pre-reqs for the nursing program. Tom says he'd be more than happy to stay home with the kids if I could be his sugar-mama, so we'll see. heh I will need to get a new laptop which may cause a bit of an issue, but hopefully we can work out a trade or something. I'm going to start checking craigslist daily to see what we can come up with. I had an awesome laptop, but it's completely toast, and I won't be able to do everything I need to do on our desktop unfortunately. It just doesn't have the stuff I'll need...and it's our only computer so Tom would probably get irritated if I was bogarting the darn thing and he couldn't play on it either.

We've been down-sizing the house a little...about six months (maybe more?) ago we got rid of Monty (the snake) and then on Saturday we got rid of all of the fish tanks that were upstairs. We have only one fish tank left, downstairs in the basement, and we're just going to concentrate on that one since it's a saltwater tank. It's prettier than the ones we had upstairs, and much more fun for us to work on and maintain. We're hoping to get rid of a couple of the cats soon (Gidget and Goldie, probably) and give them some good homes. Never in a million years could we get rid of Cisco or Guiness, but we're not *overly* attached to the other two and it would be a lot less work/mess/everything to get rid of them. Of course, I'm still heart-sick for a dog, but that will happen in time and really, with a brand new baby, now wouldn't be the time to even think about getting one anyway! That's all I'd need...a 2-year old who won't stop going even for a second, a brand new baby who needs *everything*, and a puppy who I would have to potty train. No thank you.

Toss all the homework I'll be doing on top of that, and I'd be likely to shoot someone. ;)

The weather has cooled down some and started the rainy season so Orion's allergies seem to be doing a bit better. I love that it's colder now, but Tom hates it. Then again, the man has no body fat.



baby

No comments: