Friday, September 18, 2009

Only 8 1/2 Weeks Left

Well, we're in the home stretch!! I have another doctor's appointment today (with an ultrasound) to check in. Tom will get to go with me, so that's good. Then, I have an eye appointment on Monday to check everything out because of the diabetes and pregnancy. They'll have to dilate my eyes, which sucks. I hate that part...but not as much as I hate the part where they blow air into your eyes. My eyes are watering right now just thinking about it.

I've been a bit stressed lately (at least for the last week...lol) because Tom got laid off from his job. Unfortunately, there just isn't any work going on for his company. The good news is that he'll get his unemployment and he's already getting job applications in for driving and we're cutting back where we can. It's a change from what he was doing but, ultimately, I think he'll be much happier. One of our friends works as a driver for Safeway. They're currently hiring and he may be able to push Tom through with his boss to get him hired. It would be great, but the hours would suck at first and he probably wouldn't get many, but it's a great opportunity. Plus, it's union, so that rocks. He'd get awesome benefits and they wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg. Right now we're debating on how we're going to do the COBRA continuation of coverage. With the baby on the way, we can't afford not to have health insurance, so we're working that out. With his unemployment we may be able to qualify for some other options, but it's something we'll have to look into next week after he gets his first check.

Orion is doing well...getting so freakin' big! I can't believe he's almost 2 1/2!! He'll be exactly 2 years, 6 months, and 2 days when Abby gets here. Apparently I was horrendously jealous when my little brother was born, so I hope that we can work through some of those issues when the new baby is here. I really don't want Orion to think that he's been "replaced" and being a stay-at-home mom will help with some of that I think because then I'll have more time to spend with him while the baby's sleeping and whatnot.

We finished painting the baby's room, but will have to paint it again because the paint was too thick to do an even coat all over. There's some spots that aren't painted (not huge ones) so it'll take a quick once-over to get it finished. We still need to move the spare bed downstairs and put the crib in the room, but it's coming along nicely. I feel like I have a little time left to work on things, but at the same time, I feel like there's no time left at all!




baby

No comments: