Friday, June 12, 2009

This weekend is gonna rock!

So, this weekend Mom and Dad are using Shelly and Cris' beach house because the girls' birthday was yesterday. It's going to be a family get-away. Tom, Orion, and I are headed down there tonight after Tom gets off work. I'm so excited!! We haven't gotten away together in a very long time, and Orion's never been to the beach. It'll be fun! Then, next weekend we're taking the motor home down to Brooks for a helicopter competition (R/C). Tom's really excited to go and while it's not really my thing, they fly the helicopters at night which is super cool to see. And even if it's boring to me, I get to spend more time with my honey doing stuff that he enjoys, so that rocks.

After I got back last week from my mom and dad's, Tom had arranged for Tim and Alicia to watch Orion while we went out to dinner and a movie. I had a really good time and it was desperately needed. We went to Outback (Tom had the crab, of course, and I had chicken) and then went to see "Up" which is the new Disney/Pixar movie. Yeah. So, those kinds of movies aren't supposed to make you cry. This one did. Twice. Now, in most instances I would chalk this up to pregnancy hormones, but I am not the only one that cried when they saw this movie and the others weren't pregnant. I highly recommend the movie though...it was REALLY good and I laughed much more than I cried. I'm hoping we can get out more often now that babysitting is fairly convenient at this point, but we'll see. We don't want to spend a lot of money because we're trying to save, but we can always just walk around the mall or go to $2 movies at McMenamin's. :)

My blood sugars have been somewhat decent the past few days. In fact, for four days in a row I had awesome sugars and got to put stickers in my log book. heh Then, this morning I wake up with a 127 as my fasting number. What the hell!? I think that's the worst part about being pregnant and diabetic...you never know what you're going to end up with. For instance, I could take my insulin one day, eat a baked potato and have a perfectly beautiful blood sugar number. The next day, I'll take the same amount of insulin and eat the exact same baked potato, and I'll crash in two hours. Still more frustrating is the day that I take the same amount of insulin, eat the same baked potato, and end up at 200. There really is no rhyme or reason to this silly disease when you're pregnant. It blows. I am, however, handling it quite well I think, and even when I'm not at perfect numbers my doctor doesn't seem to mind too much. He's pretty cool.

I can't wait until Tuesday!!! We love seeing the little one on the ultrasound screen. I have an idea of how I'm going to decorate the baby's room, so that's cool, and Tom seems to like it so we'll go with that. We're having the hardest time agreeing on names, which is frustrating, but we have a baby name book now that we're going over with a fine-toothed comb. We'll find something we both like eventually...let's just hope it's not when the baby's five. hehehe

No comments: