Saturday, June 6, 2009

Oh what a week...

So, this past week I was in Salem helping out my mom by babysitting my dad. He is recovering well from his surgery, but that just means he's trying to do more than he should. Throw in the fact that he can't drive for six weeks, and that makes for a very cranky daddy. Maybe "cranky" is the understatement of the century. Between Dad, the girls, and Orion, mine was the most well-behaved of the two year olds. The girls would throw fits (not huge ones because I nipped those in the bud) and Dad would throw fits that rivaled a three year old not getting the piece of candy he so desperately wanted. I actually had to yell at him a few times like I was talking to the girls. He's angry all the time and just plain a pain in the ass to deal with. I was never so happy to be home in my entire life...and I missed Tom terribly.

I'm just over 15 weeks now. Time seems to be creeping by!! They were able to get the measurements they needed on the third try for the first trimester screen, and my next appointment is on the 16th (Tom's birthday). It'll be another ultrasound, so I'm super excited to see the little one again. We should also find out for sure what we're having. They made a guess at the last ultrasound, but since it was so early, we're not taking that as 100%. Tom took the day off of work to go to the appointment on his birthday, so that's awesome. He'll get to be there with me. :) With this being the second pregnancy, me not working, and the position he has at work it's REALLY hard for him to get time off for appointments and ultrasounds. He's gone a couple of times, which rocks, and he'll be there for the big stuff...which is what's important.

I'm trying to figure out how to decorate another baby's room. With Orion is was super easy because we could use his name as a theme (outer space), but with this one, I have no freaking idea what to do. I know I have plenty of time, but even with as slow as the time seems to be going, it'll be time for the room shortly...and I'm a huge procrastinator.

The baby actually looks like a baby this week!!!!

No comments: