Friday, October 2, 2009

The doctor's appointment...

...went well. It was basically just a check-up so no ultrasound or anything. I did get to hear Abby's heartbeat though, so that's awesome. It was kind of even cooler that I got to hear her heartbeat and mine simultaneously. Turns out I don't have to start going twice a week next week, but get to wait until the week after. Actually, I'll only go once on that Thursday, have an ultrasound and a doctor's appointment, then will start the NST's the following Monday. I get to go every Monday and Thursday...yay!

Tom cut his finger pretty good last night. He was working on a part for the fish tanks and sliced his pointer finger on his left hand open. My husband really doesn't handle blood well, and handles needles even worse than the blood. He barely let me look at it, but I saw that it was bad enough that we'd need to go get him some stitches. Unfortunately, urgent care doesn't do stitches, so we had to go to the ER (which means a bigger co-pay of course). Since he cut his finger with a razor knife, they obviously wanted him to get a tetanus shot. The poor guy did not like that one little bit. And they had to use a needle to get the lidocain into the wound, so that didn't go over well either. Ten stitches later we headed home. Luckily, it was a Thursday night at 5:30 and we were only there an hour and a half. He's sore today, of course, but holding up.

No comments: