Tuesday, April 7, 2009

7 Weeks Today

Well, today marks the 7 week mark. Yay! Only 5 more weeks and I'll officially be out of the first trimester. I've been having a hard time with the hormonal roller coaster that is my life...and I've been having an even harder time with the fact that Tom doesn't seem to be helping out at all. Granted, he does things when I ask him from time to time, but he's very much interested in playing outside with his airplanes...or in the garage with his airplanes...or on the computer with his airplanes. He was kind of like this when we were pregnant with Orion as well, but it was easier to handle then because I wasn't chasing a toddler around the house constantly trying to keep him out of trouble. It's almost like he wants to have fun before the baby comes because he's afraid he won't be able to do anything anymore, which is, of course, not the case. *sigh* I'm sure everything will work itself out (it always does), but in the meantime I'm about ready to go crazy. I think I really just need some adult time and a break...some time to do something fun for myself.

My friend Phil in California, who raises German Shepherds, has a 2 year old male available that's already trained that needs to be rescued. It's not his dog, but someone else's...I don't know the exact details yet as I'm waiting for him to call me back but since he works nights in law enforcement, I realize he's probably sleeping right about now. We need to put a fence up at our place before we get a dog (that's one of the pre-requisites) and now that I'm not working, he wouldn't be home alone very often either, which is nice. We still need to talk to Tom's parents about it before we make any decisions, of course, since it's their house, but I think Tom was going to go pick up the fencing that they had this week so that we can get that up regardless of getting a dog or not. Then at least Orion would have some fenced in area to play in as well...especially since the weather has been so gorgeous the last few days.

I have a doctor's appointment today (joy) and then another one next Thursday. This weekend is also Easter, so I'm trying to come up with fun things to do with Orion. We were thinking about taking him to the egg hunt at the zoo again, but we'll see. It's usually quite crowded and I don't know what the weather will be like this weekend yet (I really should go check that). If nothing else, we're going to church Sunday morning and then probably heading down to my Aunt Melinda's for the family Easter time. They always have an egg hunt for the kids there as well, so he'll have fun with that, I'm sure.

So, here's this week's baby picture. It really doesn't look that different to me, but hey, it's supposedly bigger now...lol




2 comments:

AliciaDawn said...

Hope your 1st trimester flies by the rest of the way! (Hugs)

Autumn said...

Thank you!! Me too!