Friday, April 17, 2009

Pregnancy Brain Strikes In Full Force

So, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Around 2:30 I leave the house, get all the way out to Beaverton, and they don't have me on the schedule. I look in my trusty day planner (which I would go nuts without) and realize that my appointment was at 11:00 in the morning...not at 3:20 in the afternoon like I thought. My appointment the week BEFORE was at 3:20. *sigh* Luckily, they were still able to squeeze me in. I had a different doctor than the ones I had seen before, and I'm pretty sure this is the doctor I'll stick with. He rocks. And he knows my old doctor, so that's awesome. Everything seems to be going well, though my blood sugars are a little wacky. They did some adjustments and everything should run smoothly from here for at least a little while I think.

I mentioned to the nurse that I felt like I was going crazy. She had me elaborate and then had me feel out this little questionnaire thingy. The doctor has decided to place me on anti-depressants, and thinks they'll help with a plethora of things. Lately I just haven't had any energy to do anything, worry about the stupidest things constantly, and am just plain irrational a lot of the time. Tom's also mentioned I've been more on edge lately and all I really want to do is sit on the couch and eat crap. SO...hopefully this will even everything out. I'm definitely OK with it if it makes me feel more normal and there is really no risk to the baby, so that's good. I'm feeling very positive about my doctor/nurse team now, which makes me feel a lot better as well.

We've managed to make it to 8 weeks (and some change). Apparently the little 'possum is about 1/2 inch long. It's got four distinct heart chambers, is developing little webbed fingers and toes, and is even forming eyelids, ears, and it's little nose.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got to have your appointment anyways. I felt just as crazy too, and definitely had my days of mixing up appointments. I hope that the antidepressents help! :)

Autumn said...

They seem to be doing well so far...so hopefully that's a good sign!! Thank you!