Wednesday, April 1, 2009

There Shall Be Only One

Well, we had our ultrasound today!! The appointment was supposed to be at 12:40, but we sat in the waiting room until about 1:30. I was getting super irritated and had to pee!! They tried doing an external ultrasound first. It's never a good thing when your ultrasound technician says "Shit, I can't see the baby...are you sure on your dates?" Since that didn't work, they had to do an internal ultrasound. Turns out our little 'possum is happy and healthy...just not as old as we thought. Today, we're only 6 weeks, 1 day, which puts the due date out to November 25th. The day after that is Thanksgiving. So, that should be fun. Oh, and regardless of all of the curses and hopes, there is only ONE little 'possum in there!!

The doctor was very positive about having a VBAC (that's a "normal" birth after having a c-section), and said as long as everything is fine they would let me go to a week past my due date (at most) in hopes that everything would happen naturally and the way it is supposed to. I'm really excited. We got to see its little heart beat (118 beats/minute) and everything seemed to look as OK as it can look at this point. I have another appointment with my regular doctor next week, and then an appointment with another perinatologist the week after. *sigh* "High risk pregnancies" suck butt. They want to see me twice a month...yay for me. Granted, this DOES mean I'll get to see more of the little guy (or girl), but dang...that's a lot of gas and co-pays!!



You've all seen this one before (it's in my first post), but apparently it still applies... ;)

No comments: